What’s a brand and what’s brand strategy? Despite what you may think, a brand isn’t a business, let me explain.
In this journal, we’ll be talking about what brand, brand strategy and brand identity are.
Questions we’ll answer:
1. What is a Brand?
2. What is a Brand Strategy?
3. What is a Brand Identity?
01. What is a Brand?
A brand isn’t your website or logo. It also isn’t your products or services, that’s a business. A business only sells items. A brand gives people a reason to buy from your business.
A brand is your story.
It’s what makes you different. Your Purpose.
A brand is how other people see your business (or you). Your brand should be recognizable, special, eye-catching and it should tell a story.
What is my business? (What do I do?What makes you, you?)
Who is my business for? (Who are you targeting?)
Why did you start your business? (Your story. Your purpose.)
02. What is a Brand Strategy?
Brand Strategy is how a brand builds its identity and receives loyal support with customers and potential customers.
Brand Strategy is a plan created to help you with your long-term business goals.
A brand strategy holds different brand elements like brand values, voice, storytelling, and just overall the foundation of your brand.
Who are your ideal clients?
Who are your competitors?
What are you doing differently from your competitors?
03. What is Brand Identity?
Once you’ve created your brand’s foundation, you’re ready for your brand identity.
What’s a Brand Identity? It’s the final process of creating a brand. It should mirror your brand strategy, the visual representation of you.
The goal here is to visually tell your unique story and be consistent in your appearance to your audience using certain visuals.
Brand identity joins brand strategy and tells your story with visuals:
-A logo variation is exactly how it sounds, different variations or styles of your logo(your main logo, to be more specific).
- The types of logo variations are:
- Primary Logo: Your main logo, usually placed at the top of the website or in large print
- Secondary Logo: The alternate logo, usually more vertical and placed well known on business cards
- Brand Mark: Also known as a submark logo are simple but easy to recognize, usually placed in social media content and website footers
- Favicon: The very small but significant logo placed on a website browser tab
– A color palette , each color makes us feel something different. Like blue universal signals sad but also peace and yellow, joy. This thinking is called: Color theory! When certain colors are used to visually communicate, signal action, influence mood and express emotion.
– The font or the typography you choose might seem like a small detail but it’s actually one of the most important part of a brand identity.
-Imagery is just a fancier word to say photography! Whether branded or stock photos, they’re quite important.
– Fun memorable icons that can stay in the back of your audience mind until the next time they come visit.
Let us Brand your Biz!
Now that you know the difference between a brand, brand strategy and brand identity…
You can answer this:
Do you have a business, or do you have a brand?
If your answer was no or you think you’re lacking, check out our services and contact tai design co. to start your brand!